Website CSM Companies, Inc
CSM Companies, Inc., located in Madison, WI, is currently looking for a talented individual to take on the Accounting Manager role. The Accounting Manager will be an integral part of the team and will manage the day-to-day operations of both the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams, from reviewing and approving work, communicating with senior management and other internal stakeholders, to identifying process improvement initiatives. This is a great opportunity to join a growing and successful dealer group.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable teams.
- As part of daily operations,
- Directly supervise the A/P and A/R teams, providing leadership and direction; communicate goals and monitor performance.
- Review and approve work of the Accounts Payable team, including check runs, and vendor set-up and invoice processing.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable team’s work regarding customer applications & set-up, credit limit override process for current sales, and collections calls (compliance to payment terms).
- Provide oversight of the Company’s credit card merchant services program and employee credit cards; advise team on proper handling of non-routine transactions as required.
- Support accurate and timely month and year end close, including preparation and review of monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Respond to inquiries from senior management and handle special requests.
- Evaluate existing processes, procedures, controls and systems technology to identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Assist with annual bank and tax compliance activities, including review of 1099’s.
- Collaborate with the Internal Audit team to maintain the internal control environment.
- Coordinate with external auditors; ensure information is accumulated and assembled for audits.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in accounting required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience; supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize well in order to meet deadlines, follow-through, and delegate as appropriate.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly with senior management and other personnel throughout the company.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to interact professionally, courteously and tactfully with customers, vendors, and coworkers.