Website Tampa Florida Kenworth
Tampa Florida Kenworth is currently seeking a talented individual to take on our Certified Hino Diesel Truck Technician position. Responsibilities include the repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of Class 6-8 trucks. Candidates must be mechanically inclined and possess experience working with Hino Commercial Trucks. Excellent benefits offered. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading dealer group and advance in your career!
*Expected hours for this role will be 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Performs corrective and preventative maintenance on medium and heavy duty vehicles.
- Troubleshoots various systems, to include electrical, drive train, HVAC, brake, engine, and suspension, identifies needed repairs and performs corrective action.
- Writes up on the repair order an accurate, clear, and detailed description of the cause of failure and the repair procedure(s) used.
- Uses diagnostic equipment to detect and isolate faults in medium and heavy duty vehicles and interprets test results.
- Reads written fault description on Repair Order and determines the most efficient repair procedure.
- Communicates with and provides Shop Foreman with accurate and detailed repair information for inclusion on the Repair Order.
- Obtains supervisor permission to complete diagnosed repairs and/or add additional repairs to a repair.
- Communicates with parts department personnel to obtain or order the parts necessary to repair vehicles.
- Performs road test on customer vehicles to assist in problem isolation or to verify repair procedure.
- Tracks and charges clocked hours to the proper corresponding Repair Order operation.
- Writes up clear, accurate, and detailed repair description of each operation on the corresponding Repair Order, to include a description of the cause of failure and the correction and/or repair procedure used.
- Interacts with customers in a professional and positive manner.
- Assists other technicians with repair procedures as needed.
- High School Diploma required; Formal technical degree, certificate or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Experience with Hino Commercial Trucks required
- Personal tool inventory to allow for the completion of job duties and assignments.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and the ability to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- Ability to read and interpret shop repair order forms, repair manuals, electrical schematics and various other technical bulletins.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and Windows basics.
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent exposure to outside weather elements.
- Ability to work 8 – 10 hour days, including overtime hours as needed.
- Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, walk and sit on a regular basis with frequent lifting of up to 50-100 pounds.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com