Janesville, WI – Diesel Truck Mechanic/Technician
Website Dedicated Fleet Services
Dedicated Fleet Services, located in Janesville, WI, is currently accepting applications for our open Diesel Truck Technician/Mechanic position. The ideal candidate will have formal technician training and maintenance experience. There are 1st and 2nd shift openings. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive work environment and a growing dealer group.
• Performs corrective and preventative maintenance on medium and heavy-duty vehicles.
• Troubleshoots various systems, to include electrical, drive train, HVAC, brake, engine, and suspension, identifies needed repairs and performs corrective action.
• Writes up on the repair order an accurate, clear, and detailed description of the cause of failure and the repair procedure(s) used.
• Uses diagnostic equipment to detect and isolate faults in medium and heavy-duty vehicles and interprets test results.
• Reads written fault description on Repair Order and determines the most efficient repair procedure.
• Communicates with and provides Shop Foreman with accurate and detailed repair information for inclusion on the Repair Order.
• Obtains supervisor permission to complete diagnosed repairs and/or add additional repairs to a repair.
• Communicates with parts department personnel to obtain or order the parts necessary to repair vehicles.
• Performs road test on customer vehicles to assist in problem isolation or to verify repair procedure.
• Tracks and charges clocked hours to the proper corresponding Repair Order operation.
• Writes up clear, accurate, and detailed repair description of each operation on the corresponding Repair Order, to include a description of the cause of failure and the correction and/or repair procedure used.
• Interacts with customers in a professional and positive manner.
• Assists other technicians with repair procedures as needed.
• High School Diploma is required; Formal technical degree, certificate or diploma or equivalent work experience is preferred
• Personal tool inventory to allow for the completion of job duties and assignments.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to obtain a Valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
• Ability to read and interpret shop repair order forms, repair manuals, electrical schematics, and various other technical bulletins.
• Ability to use a computer keyboard and Windows basics.
• Ability to work in an environment with frequent exposure to outside weather elements.
• Ability to work 8 – 10 hour days, including overtime hours as needed.
• Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, walk and sit on a regular basis with frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting of up to 100 pounds.