Madison, WI – Diesel Truck Technician/Mechanic (Experienced)
Website Dedicated Fleet Services
Dedicated Fleet Services, located just north of Madison, WI, is currently accepting applications for experienced Diesel Truck Mechanics for first and second shift. The ideal candidate will have formal technical training and at least 3-5 years of Heavy Duty Truck maintenance experience. This is a great opportunity to join a growing and successful dealer group.
• Performs corrective and preventative maintenance on medium and heavy duty vehicles.
• Troubleshoots various systems, to include electrical, drive train, HVAC, brake, engine, and suspension, identifies needed repairs and performs corrective action.
• Writes up on the repair order an accurate, clear, and detailed description of the cause of failure and the repair procedure(s) used.
• Uses diagnostic equipment to detect and isolate faults in medium and heavy duty vehicles and interprets test results.
• Reads written fault description on Repair Order and determines the most efficient repair procedure.
• Communicates with and provides Shop Foreman with accurate and detailed repair information for inclusion on the Repair Order.
• Obtains supervisor permission to complete diagnosed repairs and/or add additional repairs to a repair.
• Communicates with parts department personnel to obtain or order the parts necessary to repair vehicles.
• Performs road test on customer vehicles to assist in problem isolation or to verify repair procedure.
• Tracks and charges clocked hours to the proper corresponding Repair Order operation.
• Writes up clear, accurate, and detailed repair description of each operation on the corresponding Repair Order, to include a description of the cause of failure and the correction and/or repair procedure used.
• Interacts with customers in a professional and positive manner.
• Assists other technicians with repair procedures as needed.
• High School Diploma required; Formal technical training degree, certificate or diploma or equivalent work experience is preferred
• Personal tool inventory to allow for the completion of job duties and assignments.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to obtain a Valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
• Ability to read and interpret shop repair order forms, repair manuals, electrical schematics and various other technical bulletins.
• Ability to use computer keyboard and Windows basics.
• Ability to work in an environment with frequent exposure to outside weather elements.
• Ability to work 8 – 10 hour days, including overtime hours as needed.
• Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, walk and sit on a regular basis with frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting of up to 100 pounds.