Website CSM Companies, Inc
CSM Companies, Inc, located in Madison, Wi, is currently seeking a full-time Systems Administrator to join our team. This position is ideal for those who have system administration experience, great customer service, and communication skills. This is a great opportunity to join a growing and successful dealer group!
The Systems Administrator is responsible for engineering, configuring, and installing solutions for Windows desktops and servers, SD-WAN networks and VoIP systems. Responds to helpdesk tickets and end user requests, escalated systems alerts, investigates and recovers hardware/software failures, responsible for the identification and resolution of service-level problems.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, virtualization, email systems, laptops, desktops, software and hardware
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis to maintain a stable and secure environment using automated tools
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems and assessing impact of issues
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Interact with the helpdesk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within larger business initiatives
- Develop and maintain team documentation
- Travel to branches as required
- Off-hour support as required
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a minimum of an Associate’s degree from an accredited college, university, or vocational college with a degree in computer sciences or a related discipline.
- 1-3 years of IT helpdesk or IT specialist experience including system administration experience wither operations/patching/upgrades/security.
- Knowledge and experience in telecommunications and phone equipment (3CX preferred).
- Knowledge and experience with Windows based operating systems both server and desktop.
- Experience with server virtualization technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V).
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy Management, Internal DNS.
- Experience with networking technologies (LAN/WAN, Layer 2/3, routers, switches, firewalls, wifi, RADIUS, VPNs, VLANs, DHCP, DNS, FTP).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills including root-cause analysis.
- Experience with Office365 administration and integration
- Prior experience with SAN technologies a plus.
- Prior experience with Azure, AWS or other cloud technology a plus.
- Skilled in Windows File/Print services including DFS.
- Skilled in cyber security & security best practices.
- Skilled in using industry standard practices for supporting complex infrastructure environment.
- Familiar with Disaster Recover/Backup and Restore Tools and Techniques.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of project management, agile scrum, organizational change and/or transformation a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Willing to work in a team-oriented, collaborative, geographically dispersed environment.
- Familiar with general IT change management practices.
- Professional certifications from Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco, ISACA, Agile Scrum, ITIL, or Six Sigma, etc.