Effective Date: October 1, 2020
Information We Obtain
We may obtain certain personal information about you on the Site, such as:
- Contact information (such as name, telephone number, postal address and email address)
- User name and password
- Other personal information contained in content you choose to submit on the Site (such as information submitted in a Contact Us form)
In addition, when you visit the Site, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. The information collected in this manner may include IP addresses, operating systems type, browser type, domain and other system settings.
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website. Our Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Site, such as those of Google Analytics. These services help us analyze how users use the Site. The information collected for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. To learn about opting out of Google Analytics, you may visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How We Use The Information We Obtain
We may use the information you provide to:
- Respond to, process and communicate with you about your requests, inquiries and comments
- Manage your CSM Account
- Send you news updates, promotional materials and other communications
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing other internal functions)
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our own policies and terms.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may use information obtained online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our visitors’ visits to the Site, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse the Site, and (iii) understanding the manner in which our visitors browse the Site.
We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, to administer the Site, to identify visitors to the Site and to gather demographic information about our visitors.
We use clickstream data to determine how much time visitors spend on web pages of the Site, how visitors navigate through the Site, and how we may tailor the Site to better meet the needs of our visitors.
Sharing of Information
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
You may contact us as described in the “How To Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice to ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists/update your preferences or submit a request.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
For Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have the right:
- to access your personal data as well as to collect a copy of such personal data (right of access);
- to have inaccurate personal data rectified and, taking into account the purpose of the processing, supplement incomplete Personal Data concerning you (right of rectification);
- to have your personal data erased to the extent permitted by applicable data protection law (right to erasure; “right to be forgotten”);
- to restrict processing of your personal data to the extent permitted by law (right to restriction of processing); and
- to receive personal data which you have provided to CSM in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such personal data to another controller without restriction by CSM and, where technically feasible, to have such data transmitted directly from CSM to another controller to the extent permitted by law (right to data portability).
Further, according to applicable statutory data protection laws, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data to the extent permitted by law. If your personal data were to be processed by us for direct marketing purposes you can object to the processing for the purpose of such marketing in any case (right to object).
Where you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before it has been withdrawn.
In order to exercise your rights, you may use the contact details set out below under “How to Contact Us”. In addition and without prejudice to any other rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
We encourage you to contact us at the contact information set forth below to update or correct your personal data if it changes or if the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate.
Please note that we may require additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
If you would like to discuss or exercise any rights you may have under law, please contact us at the contact information set forth below under “How to Contact Us”.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with CSM. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with CSM, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
How To Contact Us
You also may write to us at:
CSM Companies, Inc.
5100 Eastpark Blvd, Suite 210
Madison, WI 53718