Website Dedicated Fleet Services
Dedicated Fleet Services, located just north of Madison, WI, is currently accepting applications for Diesel Truck Mechanics. Responsibilities include the repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of Class 7/8 trucks. Candidates must be mechanically inclined. Excellent benefits offered. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive work environment and a growing dealer group!
*Please note this will be an ongoing listing. We are always looking for talent!
- Performs corrective and preventative maintenance on medium and heavy duty vehicles.
- Troubleshoots various systems, to include electrical, drive train, HVAC, brake, engine, and suspension, identifies needed repairs and performs corrective action.
- Writes up on the repair order an accurate, clear, and detailed description of the cause of failure and the repair procedure(s) used.
- Uses diagnostic equipment to detect and isolate faults in medium and heavy duty vehicles and interprets test results.
- Interprets written fault description on Repair Order and determines the most efficient repair procedure for the customers complaint.
- Communicates with and provides supervisor with accurate and detailed repair information for inclusion on the Repair Order.
- Writes up clear, accurate, and detailed repair description of each operation on the corresponding Repair Order, to include a description of the cause of failure and the correction and/or repair procedure used.
- Ensure safe working conditions and compliance with all safety regulations
- Interacts with customers in a professional and positive manner.
- Assists with all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required; Formal technical degree, certificate or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Personal tool inventory to allow for the completion of job duties and assignments.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and the ability to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
- Ability to read and interpret shop repair order forms, repair manuals, electrical schematics and various other technical bulletins.
- Ability to learn new technology as it pertains to repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and Windows basics.
- Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, walk and sit on a regular basis with frequent lifting of up to 50-100 pounds.