The PACCAR 40K Tandem Axle’s superior design helps you reach your destination with improved efficiency and durability.
A lightweight solution
Advanced manufacturing processes make the PACCAR 40K axle up to 150 pounds lighter. When combined with the PACCAR MX-13 engine and PACCAR transmission, the overall weight reduction could be as much as 500 LBS.
Thru-shaft pinion design
The 40K tandem axle is the first high-performance axle with thru-shaft pinion design, transferring full engine power straight to the road.
Advanced laser welding
An innovative laser-welded carrier design reduces weight and improves fuel economy without sacrificing an ounce of durability.
- Durable pinion thru-shaft design improves internal efficiencies
- Spiral bevel gearing optimizes inter-axle driveline angles
- High efficiency pinion and differential bearings reduce power losses
- Advanced laser welding eliminates internal fasteners
- Driver controlled forward axle differential lock
- Advanced manufacturing processes achieve up to 150lbs. weight savings
- GCW: 80,000 lbs.
- GAWR: 40,000 lbs.
- Tandem Ratio Range: 2.47 to 3.70
- Straight Torque Rating: 1,650 lb-ft.
- Multi-Torque Rating: 1,850 lb-ft.
- Warranty: Five Years/750,000 miles