Website Tampa Florida Kenworth
Tampa Florida Kenworth is seeking talented individual to join our team as Mobile Diesel Mechanic. Responsibilities include traveling to client sites and provide maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of Heavy Duty Trucks. Candidates must be mechanically inclined with 5 years’ experience in HD truck maintenance, and Certified in at least two major brand products (MX, Cummins, CAT, Eaton, or Fuller etc). Must be able to converse with customers one on one. This is a great opportunity to join a growing and successful dealer group!
*Expected hours for this role will be 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, however candidates must be flexible to customer needs.
- Performs corrective and preventative maintenance on medium and heavy duty vehicles at client’s site or break down location
- Troubleshoots various systems, to include electrical, drive train, HVAC, brake, engine, and suspension, identifies needed repairs and performs corrective action
- Writes up on the repair order an accurate, clear, and detailed description of the cause of failure and the repair procedure(s) used
- Stock and maintain service truck inventory, tool collection, and all necessary paperwork daily
- Maintain service truck
- Uses diagnostic equipment to detect and isolate faults in medium and heavy duty vehicles and interprets test results
- Reads written fault description on Repair Order and determines the most efficient repair procedure
- Communicates with and provides Customer with accurate and detailed repair information for inclusion on the Repair Order
- Obtains customers permission to complete diagnosed repairs and/or add additional repairs to a repair
- Communicates with parts department personnel to obtain or order the parts necessary to repair vehicles
- Performs road test on customer vehicles to assist in problem isolation or to verify repair procedure
- Tracks and charges clocked hours to the proper corresponding Repair Order operation
- Writes up clear, accurate, and detailed repair description of each operation on the corresponding Repair Order, to include a description of the cause of failure and the correction and/or repair procedure used
- Interacts with customers in a professional and positive manner
- Assists other technicians with repair procedures as needed
- High School Diploma required; Formal technical degree, certificate or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Personal tool inventory to allow for the completion of job duties and assignments
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Responsible for collecting payment cash, credit card, or po# etc.
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision needed.
- Ability to obtain a Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Ability to read and interpret shop repair order forms, repair manuals, electrical schematics and various other technical bulletins
- Ability to use computer keyboard and Windows basics
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent exposure to outside weather elements
- Ability to work 8 – 10 hour days, including overtime hours as needed
- Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, walk and sit on a regular basis with frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting of up to 100 pounds