Website Dedicated Fleet Services
Dedicated Fleet Services is currently accepting applications for a Diesel Truck Technician/Mechanic specializing in body fabrication and installation at the Janesville location. Responsibilities include the fabrication, repair, and maintenance of Class 3-8 trucks. Candidates must be mechanically inclined. Excellent benefits offered. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive work environment and a growing dealer group!
- Performs corrective and preventative maintenance on medium and heavy duty vehicles.
- Troubleshoots various systems, to include electrical, drive train, HVAC, brake, engine, and suspension, identifies needed repairs and performs corrective action.
- Writes up on the repair order an accurate, clear, and detailed description of the cause of failure and the repair procedure(s) used.
- Uses diagnostic equipment to detect and isolate faults in medium and heavy duty vehicles and interprets test results.
- Reads written fault description on Repair Order and determines the most efficient repair procedure.
- Communicates with and provides Shop Foreman with accurate and detailed repair information for inclusion on the Repair Order.
- Obtains supervisor permission to complete diagnosed repairs and/or add additional repairs to a repair.
- Communicates with parts department personnel to obtain or order the parts necessary to repair vehicles.
- Performs road test on customer vehicles to assist in problem isolation or to verify repair procedure.
- Writes up clear, accurate, and detailed repair description of each operation on the corresponding Repair Order, to include a description of the cause of failure and the correction and/or repair procedure used.
- Assists other technicians with repair procedures as needed.
- Minimum of two years welding experience (wire feed, MIG / TIG) required
- Experience with Truck Body Fabrication, Mounted Hydraulic Power Installation and Set Up required
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Ability to read and interpret shop repair order forms, repair manuals, electrical schematics and various other technical bulletins.
- Personal tool inventory to allow for the completion of job duties and assignments.
- Ability to use computer keyboard and Windows basics.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent exposure to outside weather elements.
- Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, walk and sit on a regular basis with occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds