Florida Kenworth is currently accepting applications for Entry Level and Experienced Diesel Truck Mechanics for the 2nd Shift. Responsibilities include the repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of Class 8 trucks. Candidates must be mechanically inclined and experienced technicians must have 3-5 years experience. Excellent benefits offered. This is a great opportunity to join a progressive work environment and a growing dealer group.
*Please note this will be an ongoing listing. We are always looking for talent!
- Performs corrective and preventative maintenance on medium and heavy duty vehicles.
- Troubleshoots various systems, to include electrical, drive train, HVAC, brake, engine, and suspension, identifies needed repairs and performs corrective action.
- Writes up on the repair order an accurate, clear, and detailed description of the cause of failure and the repair procedure(s) used.
- Uses diagnostic equipment to detect and isolate faults in medium and heavy duty vehicles and interprets test results.
- Reads written fault description on Repair Order and determines the most efficient repair procedure.
- Communicates with and provides Shop Foreman with accurate and detailed repair information for inclusion on the Repair Order.
- Obtains supervisor permission to complete diagnosed repairs and/or add additional repairs to a repair.
- Communicates with parts department personnel to obtain or order the parts necessary to repair vehicles.
- Performs road test on customer vehicles to assist in problem isolation or to verify repair procedure.
- Tracks and charges clocked hours to the proper corresponding Repair Order operation.
- Writes up clear, accurate, and detailed repair description of each operation on the corresponding Repair Order, to include a description of the cause of failure and the correction and/or repair procedure used.
- Interacts with customers in a professional and positive manner.
- Assists other technicians with repair procedures as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to Melissa.Trevino@frenchellison.com